Monday, February 27, 2012

Lent and FAFSA and Disney...oh my!

I'm back!  Miss me?

Well let's see, life is still crazy as ever in the Zeets' household.  Kids still fight all the time, dog still pisses Brian off and I am still the fabulous domestic goddess and mother of the year you all wish you could be!  (Still no mother of the year award.  Guessing the committee heard that I threatened to feed Abby raw hamburger if she didn't stop being a snot.......).

Lent has begun and so far I am not doing so well with my Lenten goals.  My first thought was I would give up being nice to people (because let's face it, I am just too damn nice) and decided that was probably not the best idea I've ever had.  Though about giving up pop, but how would that make me a better person? No caffeine makes Annie even more of a lunatic that she already is and no one wants that (no comments from my family, please).  Then I thought about giving up swearing (oh hell no! I mean why set myself up to fail?).  So this year I decided to do things to better myself, instead of focusing on giving things up.  I am taking 10 minutes each day to tune out the world and spend some time with God.  It's been a challenge to find 10 minutes, but even harder to really clear my head and not think about anything except my conversation with God.  But I will keep trying!  I'm also working harder to mend some broken relationships and to make time for the people who are most important to me.  Again, not an easy thing, but I know it will benefit everyone in the long run.

FAFSA: what can I say about FAFSA except OMG?! Who knew applying for financial aid would be such an ordeal?!  Those of you who have been through this know what I am talking about.  Filling out online forms, then sending them into cyberspace, hoping they got where they needed to go.  Talk about needing to have faith....the whole applying to college, financial aid, scholarship marathon is a total leap of faith! And not to mention the amount of time all of this takes!  It's insane!! (thank goodness for wine and chocolate to help ease the pain).  The good news is Danny will be able to go to Loras and we are all thrilled!!

Did I mention we're going to Disney World for Spring Break? Well we're loading up the family truckster and heading south!  We are so excited!  However.....there is some concern that we may some "issues" with the kids during the long drive.  The "issue" is actually that we are certain Abby will drive us all crazy.  To try and defuse the situation before it begins, Danny and Tommy have put together a spreadsheet outlining who has to sit by Abby and for how long each day (it's pretty impressive!).  We've also told Abby that there will be NO singing on this trip as she tends to sing the same songs over and over and over.  Now...the kids got some pipes, but there is no reason we need to hear "Don't Rain on my Parade" for 24 hours straight! Tommy actually asked if he could some of his money to buy those expensive headphone things so he could tune her out!  On a side note....we are also going to Universal Studios to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (I best be put in Griffindor when we are sorted into houses or I'll be pissed!!) When talking about the trip with my dad, he asked if we were going to the worthog.  What the hell is the worthog?  Well, he actually meant Hogworts..ha!! (sorry, Dad, I thought it was hilarious!!).  So keep us in your prayers over break, not just for safe travels, but that we don't kill each other (well, kill Abby) in the car!!!

Speaking of Abby..check out the video of her singing with John Angotti.  She can sing!  Too bad she never shuts up!
http://youtu.be/uTLUl9JwkOY

Peace my friends!
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment